Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday, August 14th Update



Mack, about age 12 - with his dog, Gypsy. Her nickname was Gypsy Doodlebug. Mack and Gypsy couldn't be separated. Wherever he went, she went. Gypsy let Mack do almost anything to her that he wanted and it was okay with her. She loved listening to his music too. Unfortunately, Gypsy passed away about 4 years ago when she was 13 years old. When she died, it broke Mack's heart, and ours too, because she was the best dog ever.

This evening when we went to visit Mack, the drain tubes had been removed from his brain and it seemed that his fever was down a little bit. His nurse stated that he is supposed to have an MRI done sometime tonight, specifically on his head and back. The right foam boot was removed from his foot and it looks like he probably broke his right ankle in the accident. The good news is - it looks like he's trying to open his eyes! Both eyes were slightly open this evening. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, but I asked him to blink if he heard me talking to him and he did blink a little bit.

The power of prayer works wonders, doesn't it? Keep it up - it's working!!!

Love to all,

Ruth & Richard

5 Comments:

Anonymous Caitlin said...

that makes happy that he tryed to blink a little. i hope he recovers soon. i miss him!!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Dillon said...

Hey I'm a good friend of Caitlin and I wanted to know I wish Mack best of luck....If I had a number I call but this I hope is good enough ^_^

11:41 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Hi Ruth and Richard, Our Bible study group is keeping Mack and you both in our prayers. We are planning a visit to you this eve with Scott, let me know of this is not good.
Lara

12:04 PM  
Anonymous sue said...

I'm not a very religious person, but I find myself praying every spare moment (literally) that Mack will wake up and be whole.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mack this is Sue and Larry we are so sorry to hear what had happend to you...You are in my prayers every day ...Ruth and Richard if you need us for any thing all you have to do is call...my prayers are with you and his family..

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home