Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 17, 2007 Father's Day


Wow, what a Father's Day this has been!

Richard got his hair cut yesterday. He just decided yesterday morning that it was time to get it done and wanted me to go with him "to make sure they cut it right". So, off we went to the Hair Cuttery in Chester and Richard came out with a nice "Richard Gere" type hair style.

Mack had his evaluation done on Friday, instead of Thursday, as it was originally planned. The doctor seems to think Mack is doing well and ordered more physical therapy for him and a CT scan that will be done on Wednesday, this coming week. We'll know more after we get the CT scan results.

We went to visit Mack today and Jason and Kristen were already there with him when we got there. Mack seemed to be in very good spirits today, although he still gets tired easily.

I think he thoroughly enjoyed seeing Jason and Kristen again. Jason and Mack had a water pistol battle for a little while and that made Mack happy. Richard and I took Mack some cold watermelon (like a pint size container full) and he ate it ALL! He will eat when he gets something he likes. He really likes to eat crushed ice and it seems that once we give him a little crushed ice to eat, then he will eat his food better. I wonder if it's more about him being thirsty, than being hungry. We take him juice boxes, but he doesn't always want those. Maybe there are only certain flavors he likes.

The biggest thing that happened today is that Mack actually wrote his name on a plain piece of sketch pad paper and also wrote I love you - twice, without any help or assistance.


Below is Mack's first attempt at writing. I wrote his name and I love you in big letters, and you can see where he wrote his name and tried to write I love you - maybe copying what I wrote. Then, I turned the page and asked him to write something he wants to tell me and he wrote I love u on his own without any prompting or copying. That was the best Father's Day present Mack could have given his Dad (and me too!).




















One of our friends, Tommy Saunders and his wife, were also in Nevada/Arizona while we were on vacation. (we didn't know it then.) He took some spectacular pictures at the Grand Canyon which he's given me permission to put on the blog site. I hope you all enjoy them as much as we have. Tommy, you are one heck of a photographer!















Aren't these pictures beautiful?





I just love this one with the stars shinning in the night sky! Please click on each picture to enlarge it and fully appreciate the colors.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers who read this blog.

'Till next time,
All the best to everyone,
Ruth & Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home